Central Comeback Plan
(Updated - August 20, 2020)
The leadership of the Central Church of Christ has been prayerfully considering how we would begin to return to our weekly assembled services. Through the guidance and recommendations of our local and state governments, local health experts, and other churches we have begun to develop a comeback plan for the Central Church.
While we are aware that some of you are eager to return to our assemblies/classes, our primary concern remains with the welfare of our Central family members and our guests. Please know that any of these plans are subject to change at any time. The leadership continues to monitor this situation as it changes daily. We also know that each of our Central families is unique, so we ask that each family use their best judgment as to how and when you will return to the Central building.
If you, or members of your family, are uncomfortable being in crowds, have pre-existing health conditions that make you vulnerable to COVID-19, or have any signs of an illness, please DO NOT ATTEND ANY OF OUR SERVICES. Our services will be live streamed for all of those that are unable to yet attend.
At this time, we will only offer ONE Sunday service. We will not yet be offering any classes at this time. Sunday services will begin at 10:30 AM.
We are now resuming our Wednesday Night service. the service begins at 6:30PM, and in lieu of our summer series, we are currently watching videos of our guest speakers. These videos are also available online each Thursday and can be viewed here.
The services will also be aired in our New Fellowship Hall. Please note that masks must be worn at all times while in the New Fellowship Hall. Also, mask must be worn inside restrooms near the New Fellowship Hall. There are chirs set up in groups of 2, 3, and 4. We ask that you please do not move the chairs.
- HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT -
When you arrive:
- Only use the doors/entrances under the awnings at this time. (All other doors will be locked)
- We strongly suggest that you wear a mask when inside the building.
- As you enter the building there will be tables with your pre-packaged communion kits. (You may also bring your communion from home if you so desire)
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance.
- Please continue to the auditorium and sit with your family.
- Every other pew will be blocked off, so we ask that you please be aware of your proximity to others.
- Please refrain from shaking hands, hugging, and giving holy kisses at this time.
- If the need arises, the New Fellowship Hall will be open for the viewing of live services.
When you worship:
- The songbooks and the bibles have been removed from the pews during this time.
- We will also not be passing any plates. Again, make sure to get your pre-packaged communion kit when you arrive.
- We encourage you to wear your facial covering if you wish.
When you leave:
- Please exit the pews one row at a time
- Collection plates will be at the rear of the auditorium for the contribution.
- Please throw away your communion kits in the designated cans as you leave the auditorium.
- Please exit to the parking lot after services.
- Remember to maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
- The only restrooms available are the ones nearest to the foyer. Please avoid gatherings in the restroom.
- All water fountains will be closed.
- There will be no nursery, Children’s Training Class, or training room offered at this time.
Again, if you, or members of your family, are not yet comfortable being in crowds, have pre-existing health conditions that make you vulnerable to COVID-19, or have any signs of an illness, please do not attend any of our in-person services. Our services will be live streamed for all those unable to yet attend.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our church office at (423)476.8941, Monday through Friday from 9-3 PM.